I tend to go on overload when I walk into a wine store if I don’t have a “buy” list. Yes it can be fun to whirl and twirl my way through racks and racks of wine, but in the end I need to purchase some great wines and get on with my life. So I am thanking wine guru Natalie MacLean for her new wine ap.
It’s now possible to walk into a wine store, whip out your smartphone, point and click at the bar code on a bottle label and voila: the tasting note, score, pairings and recipes for that wine appear as if by magic - and more importantly - it’s free!
Here’s what you can expect:
- Instantly access tasting notes, scores, prices, recipes
- Search 150,000 wines at liquor stores across the country
- Track your purchases in your virtual cellar with just a few clicks
- Create a wine journal with your own wine notes and pictures
- Share your wines and pairings on Twitter and Facebook
Takes about 30 seconds to download, so you’re ready to roll this weekend. Got a Droid? Be patient, it’s on its way. The BlackBerry app is here. Click here to see screen shots of the app.
Sip, Shop & Swirl ~ The Wine Chixs